1. Eggs Are Bad For Your Health
2. A Calorie is A Calorie
All calories are not created equal. Different foods go through different metabolic pathways and have varying effects on hunger, hormones and health.
3. Saturated Fat is Unhealthy
A massive study published in 2010 looked at data from a total of 21 studies that included 347,747 individuals. They found absolutely no association between saturated fat consumption and the risk of heart disease (19).
6. Coffee is Bad for You
- Have up to a 67% lower risk of Type II diabetes (50, 51).
- Are at a much lower risk of getting Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s (52, 53).
- Have up to an 80% lower risk of liver diseases like cirrhosis (54, 55).
7. Meat is Bad For You
While it is true that processed meat is associated with all sorts of diseases, the same is not true for unprocessed red meat. A massive review from 2010 that looked at data from 20 studies with a total of 1,218,380 individuals revealed that unprocessed red meat had no significant association with either cardiovascular disease or type II diabetes (62).
9. Refined Seed- and Vegetable Oils Are Healthy
It’s important to keep in mind that this does NOT apply to other plant oils like coconut oil and olive oil, which are low in Omega-6 and extremely healthy.
10. Low-Carb Diets Are Ineffective and Downright Harmful
Low-carb diets are the easiest, healthiest and most effective way to lose weight and reverse metabolic disease. It is pretty much a scientific fact at this point.
12. Sugar is Bad Because it Contains “Empty” Calories
This applies to fructose from added sugars, NOT the natural sugars found in fruits. When consumed in excess, added sugar is associated with multiple diseases, including obesity, heart disease, type II diabetes and even cancer (109, 110, 111, 112, 113).
Sugar is probably the single worst ingredient in the modern diet.
Cardio and Calorie counting stomach vs. Protein and Full-Body workouts stomach